Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tampons

I was put on a temping assignment in NYC for PR woman, Amy Brownstein, who handled all things Susan Lucci (All My Children). She needed an assistant, my staffing agency told me. She needed a fucking psychiatrist is what she really needed. On my first day, I walked into a windowless office littered with empty pill bottles and dead plants. Envelopes were addressed to Amy Brownstain, not Brownstein. Ha. I was reprimanded for not knowing the fax number by heart. She also addressed me as, 'Carolyn,' something which makes my blood boil. I was screamed at all day by a woman in the midst of a nervous breakdown. On the day I decided to call it quits, she had thrown a wad of cash at me because she had just gotten her period and needed a cup of ice (still unsure about the ice) and tampons. I bought the goddamn tampons and never went back.

No comments:

Post a Comment