Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dental hygiene

This date took place in NY. I don't recall how I met him. I think I was impressed by his Habitat for Humanity deeds, so I agreed to go out with him. I remember I wore stiletto heels and spent an inordinate time getting ready. I was bored. Anyway, I remember we took the train to what seemed like Peru. It was close to an hour and I was under the scrutiny of homeless men. "I don't know why I'm dressed like a tramp, either," I wanted to tell them. We got off the train and I hobbled on my heels behind him, still with positive thoughts that I wouldn't end up dead in an alley. Long story short, he took me to a Walmart. Or was it a Target? "I just have to pick up a toothbrush, " he said. A 45 minute train ride to pick up a toothbrush. There we stood in aisle 3, under glaring lights, staring at rows and rows of Oral B. Why me? ... Why stilettos?

No comments:

Post a Comment